Saturday, October 2, 2010

Another Metropark ride!

Recently (mid-September), I took another bike ride through the local Cleveland Metroparks, racking up about 35 miles. As in previous jaunts, I wanted to find an interesting and scenic destination.  Truth be told, I have been a Parma, Ohio area resident for most of my life and, consequently, have cycled the Metroparks since my youth.  To this day, one of my favorite stops along the way is still the Rocky River Nature Center, located in the Rocky River Reservation near North Olmsted, Ohio. 



The main facility features interactive displays and dioramas of the Great Lakes region, showing everything from the development of area land masses since prehistoric times, to the region's indigenous wildlife.  The area also boasts miles of paths that cut through the acres of wooded property and straddle the flowing rivers surrounding the Nature Center.



Of course, the best time to visit the Nature Center is mid to late Fall.  The cool, crisp Autumn air and the vibrant colors of the changing leaves make it quite the sight!  Be sure to check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment